Jogging is the best way for your cardio exercise but, as we all know it can be a real pain.
WebMD recommends 250 minutes of exercise per week but why to do it when there is a better and easier way ?
An average burn is 450-600 calories per hour while jogging.
There are many alternatives to running and here are some suggestions:
1. Rope jumping (861 calories per hour)
Mayo Clinic, says that you can burn twice as many calories (compared to jogging) in the same time rate.
2. Stair treadmill (657 calories per hour)
Stairmaste definitely works for burning calories and as a bonus, your legs and butt will look amazing !
3. Swimming (600-700 calories per hour)
WebMD says that swimming is a great for beginners because it stresses less joints than running.
4. Cycling (550-650 calories per hour)
Mayo Clinic says that even leisure bicycle riding can burn about 300 calories in an hour.
5. Rowing (438 calories per hour)
Rowing is great start if you have bad legs, knees, or feet. Many gyms have a few row machines that you can try out.
6. Basketball (584 calories per hour)
Start shooting hoops with your friends to burn that extra calories .
7. Inline skating (850 calories per hour)
Another fat burner is roller skating.
8. Boxing (800 calories per hour)
Livestrong says that simply punching a bag can burn 350-550 calories in an hour. Sparring with another person can increase your calorie use.
9. Walking uphill with weights (415 calories per hour)
If you live near some nice hills, just add 10 pounds to a backpack and walk on an incline.
10. Martial arts (750 calories per hour)
Martial arts, like Tae Kwon Do, are great ways to burn calories, says Mayo Clinic.
11. Hula Hooping (600 calories per hour)
Heath Magazine published that actress Marisa Tomei and singer Beyonce both regularly use a hula hoop for getting perfect shape.