The peanut butter diet allows consumers to enjoy peanut butter every day while still achieving their weight loss goals.
The diet is appealing because it offers a wide variety of nutrients, while allowing the dieter to enjoy peanut butter, a satisfying “comfort” food. The diet promotes weight loss, lower cholesterol, reduced risk of heart disease, and diabetes for consumers who stay on the meal plan. The eating plan consists of two separate caloric intakes, one for men (2,200 calories per day) and one for women (1,500 calories per day).
The peanut butter diet is largely based on portion control. Men are allowed three servings of peanut butter per day, while women can consume two servings per day. For this diet, a serving is two level tablespoons of peanut butter.
- Breakfast: Peanut Butter Maple Syrup Waffles1 cup fat-free milk, plain or in cafe latte
- Lunch: Tuna salad: Combine half of a 6-oz can drained, water-packed, white albacore tuna with 2 tsp reduced-calorie mayonnaise, 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard, and 2 Tbsp finely chopped carrots and celery. Optional: 1 tsp chopped pickles. 1 1/2 cups baby carrots, red bell pepper strips 3/4 cup calcium-enriched V-8 juice
- Snack: Orange, pear, or other fruit of your choice
- Dinner: Tahitian Chicken with Peanut Butter Mango Sauce served over 1/2 cup cooked rice (preferably brown basmati)1/2 cup cooked spinach
- Evening Treat: 1 1/2 inch-thick slice of angel food cake topped with 11/2 cups coarsely mashed strawberries
The plan of Peanut butter diet include consumers to exercise as much as possible, but states that even 10 or 15 minutes of activity is better than doing no exercise at all. The peanut butter is a comfort food, and also loaded with nutrients. It is rich in folate, zinc, magnesium, potassium, copper and vitamin E. It also contains two naturally-occurring compounds called resveratrol and beta-sitosterol. These compounds are believed to fight cancer and combat heart disease.
Peanut butter also contains fiber, which encourages bowel regularity and helps boost weight loss efforts. This diet can easily be followed if a person travels a great deal. Peanut butter is readily available and is easily stored in plastic containers or in its original jar. This allows the dieter to plan meals and customize menus for ultimate flexibility. This diet plan is not recommended for everyone. Its really important for patients to avoid the diet if they are allergic to peanuts.